Saturday, August 15, 2009

IT'S A BOY!

Oh Boy is all I have to say. People have been asking me if I had a preference on what I was having. Right now I could tell you no. Three years ago I would tell you that I was not having another child because there was a 50% chance it would be a girl, and I just could not take that. A few weeks ago I decided that I wouldn't mind having a girl as long as she was calm and non-dramatic, okay I said just not another Emilee. That little girl really kicked our butt, to this day she still exhausts me, but really what kid doesn't? All that said, I really thought that I was going to have a girl. I just knew Heavenly Father was up there saying Alisha, do not complain or I will give you something to complain about, i.e. something far worse than Emilee. So I was just preparing myself for the news. But low and behold, we have been blessed with another little boy. I am excited. It is taking some getting used to not thinking we were having a girl, but we are thrilled! We have chosen the first name as Grayson, and are still debating on the middle name. We really can not wait to meet him! I don't know how some of you other mothers feel but sometimes I psyche myself out between doctors appointments. Sometimes a month is just too long for me to go without hearing the little heartbeat or knowing that everything is alright. I have been really worried this pregnancy. I think it is because I am so stressed. I have this awful feeling that because of my stress my baby is going to have problems. That and well, let's just say that I don't take my prenatals as well as I should or don't eat as well as I should and I forget that I am pregnant and go down water slides and amusement park rides (just the carousel next to Emilee, but think afterward, should I have done that?). Oh yeah and sometimes that blasted pool is just too cold and I have to sit in the Hot tub for just a minute to get warm again. But all of these things add up in my mind. I have a fear that this baby will have problems because of my lack of attention to it.

But then I watch those shows like "I didn't know I was Pregnant" (TLC Wednesday nights) and think these stinkin' mothers smoke and drink and party their whole pregnancy and their baby's are fine. I hope that my little guy will be okay too, despite his mother's stress and forgetfulness.

This past Doctor visit was just what I needed. I have not felt this baby as soon or as much as I have felt my other peanuts. I was worried about this, but the ultra sound tech said that this is a very active and stubborn baby. Great, he will fit right in to the Dawdy Clan. He was very active, moving all over the place and she checked everything out, he is beautiful and healthy, what a relief! Now I have a DVD and lots of pictures that I can go to whenever I get worried that he is not developing like he should, which gives me a lot of comfort.

December can not come fast enough. Note to self: remember this when you are up 5x's a night with a crying baby.

14 comments:

Dawn said...

I love! the name Greyson!! It has always been on my "list." So I guess I should be mad that you are using it....but let's get honest....I probably won't ever use the name so I'm glad that one of my favorite people is going to!

Jer and Jules said...

Stress is a scary thing, after my first miscarriage, Jer was worried that stress is what caused it, but the Dr. told us that stress had nothing to do with it and that women in concentration camps still had healthy babies, even with all the stress and malnutrition and over-worked conditions. Now I know that may not help a lot, but it's something to think about.
We're excited for you guys!

Lara said...

Hey Alisha- your little guy is going to be so adorable. I know what it's like to panic that you have done something or even haven't done something to harm the baby - the only comfort that comes is knowing that Heavenly Father has got our little families planned out for us, and I'm sure he's not going to take that away from you or punish you for taking a little ride on the carosel (the baby was probably having the time of his life!)... I'm so excited to meet the little man. And I love the name. Good work, friend. Love.

Jaimee said...

Awesome I am so excited for you guys! I love his name too!!! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love the name Greyson! So cute! Dont worry, it only causes more stress! LOL I know when prego I was an extremely emotional being. I would just have random break downs cause of stress and then I would have stress about having break downs.LOL Brig would always tell me its okay dont worry, ya right! It part of the process. Love ya let us know if we can do anything for you guys!

Britny Hill said...

YAY!!! I am SOOO excited for you sweetie! Congratulations! You are such a wonderful mom, all 3 of your babies are so lucky to have you!

Tony and Whitney said...

Love the name! I was the same way with Jack. I even rode a couple of rides at Disneyland. I stressed everytime i went to the doctor. Now my little guys just perfect! We missed you at bookclub.

Tony and Whitney said...

Love the name! I was the same way with Jack. I even rode a couple of rides at Disneyland. I stressed everytime i went to the doctor. Now my little guys just perfect! We missed you at bookclub.

FitNotQuitJess said...

HANG IN THERE! I'm soo excited for you! If you ever need a break PLEASE let me know, you have done SO much for me in the past it's the least I can do. Oh, and if you need a babysitter or a ride to the hospital CALL ME! :-)

Tori and/or Clark said...

YEAH for a boy!!!!! I agree, december can't come soon enough. I think I will be getting induced between the 27 and the 30. We'll see if that really works out.

Sandy said...

Also remember this when you're 6 months pregnant and all the stupid people out there ask if you're overdue or carrying twins or...well, you get the picture. For me, the last two months is WAAAY worse than being up all night long, barfing every morning, or anything else that comes with pregnancy and newborns. :)

Congrats! We're excited for you guys!

The Gag-nears said...

I am just going to put out my ideas again: Emmett, ElSalvador, Ernest, just saying don't want to give the kid a complex from not having an "E" name - okay maybe an "E" middle name so he can go by it just in case...Greyson Egor..Greyson Everest..Everett? I'll keep thinking... Glad it's a boy!

Deanna said...

such good photos. Hooray for babies!
xoxoxo

Shelly said...

Congratulations Alisha. Voys are so much fun!